To act as an agent for the reconstruction of the Eastern Cape, through the cultural and economic growth; and development of a film, video, television and multimedia industry.
To provide clarity and purpose to the building of an economically sustainable and culturally dynamic film, video, television and multi-media industry in the Eastern Cape.
The core objective of the Eastern Cape Film Office is to position the Eastern Cape to globally compete in the development of film, thereby boosting economic, social and cultural development.
The specific objectives of the Eastern Cape Film Office are:
- To develop and promote the Eastern Cape film and video industry;
- To facilitate investment in the Eastern Cape film and video industry;
- To market and promote the Eastern Cape film and video industry, locally, nationally and internationally;
- To provide, and encourage the provision of, opportunities for persons, especially from historically disadvantaged communities, to enter and take part in the Eastern Cape film and video industry;
- To encourage the development, production and distribution of Eastern Cape film and video products;
- To contribute to an enabling environment for job creation and cultural enrichment;
- To address historical imbalances in the infrastructure and in the distribution of skills and resources in the Eastern Cape film and video industry;
- To position the Eastern Cape Film Office as one of the leading agents for the film development industry.
Key Functional Areas
- Film development and production funding and production logistics support.
- Marketing the Eastern Cape as a base for production.
- Company development support incentives for local production companies.
- Skills training for the industry personnel.
- Information services for producers and others.
- Audio–Visual education policy development.
- Developing access to the audiovisual heritage of the Eastern Cape
- Specialised film exhibition and audience development